Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And now, back to our program.

Has it really been a week since the last post? Hope my hiatus didn't disappoint you loyal readers. (All two or three of you! LOL!) I was somewhat incapacitated, and in no mood to blog.

Remember a few posts ago when I thought my neti pot had saved me from a sinus infection? No such luck. I've been battling the mother of all sinus infections for a couple weeks now. Finally gave up and headed to my ENT's office last week. The antibiotics he prescribed seem to be working, slowly but surely. I'm beginning to feel like a human again. This thing really kicked my ass!

I'll tell ya what though... I now realize that I never TRULY understood the real meaning of the word "putrid" until last week. Putrid is a near-perfect description of the toxic sludge that I was blowing from my nose. Vile, disgusting and foul are other appropriate words for it. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the smell was similar to the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. (Eeeewwwww!) That was almost harder to bear than the rest of the symptoms! I was beginning to think my brain was actually dissolving and draining through my sinuses. Thankfully, that part of it has improved dramatically. Now I'm blowing out *mostly* normal gunk. (I know y'all were just dying to know that, right?)

Here's hoping the improvement continues... the upcoming posts will be MUCH more pleasant than today's topic! So check back soon, if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment