Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On Your Toes!

Certain events are taking place in the sports world that I am no longer allowed to comment on, due to my husband's suspicions that my last comments about it jinxed things. Recent activity, however, has led me to believe that I am NOT the jinx, but as a safety measure I will continue to maintain a "no comment" policy about the current status of the involved parties in their ongoing athletic contest. At least until after tomorrow night, and maybe longer. (But I will be wearing blue in support of one of the aforementioned parties.)

So... since I can't comment on those goings-on, I thought I'd share something really cool with you. While I was looking for an anniversary gift for my husband a few weeks ago, I found a company that will make metal casts of your pets' paws. Bronze is the traditional 8th anniversary gift, so this was perfect! Check out these cool paw casts! I HAD to get one for myself, too!

If you'd like to have your own pet's paw cast, you can order from the nice folks at Pets-Paws. The web address is http://www.pets-paws.com. Tracy and Eddie will craft a gorgeous keepsake for you at a very reasonable price. It's not just for dogs, either... they've got some cool photos on their site of other prints they've done. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom!

They can cast the paws in bronze, brass, copper or aluminum. They'll send you a kit to take your pet's paw impression (or you can make the "dough" yourself and send it... there's a recipe on the site), and when they get it back, they'll cast it in the metal of your choice. You can get an inscription on the back, and an optional hole for hanging. We had our dog's name engraved, which is probably what most people do. (Yes, we named him after hockey legend Hobey Baker.)

Hobey approves!
So now, even when Hobey is gone (which I hope is a LOOOONG time from now), I can still hold his little toes. Well... they're not so little anymore, but I remember when they were! And I'll have them forever now.

Maybe it's just me, but I think these pet paws some of the coolest bits of artistry available for purchase on tha interwebz!

1 comment: