Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So Much for Resolutions!

Well... it wasn't so much an official New Year's resolution as it was an unwritten goal. I had PLANNED to write at least one blog post every week. After all, the original purpose when I started this blog was for it to be something of a writing exercise. Seems like I actually posted more often BEFORE I made that New Year's... uh... goal.

Part of my lack of diligence can be blamed squarely on the insidious change to daylight saving time. It's been a rough adjustment. I'm ALMOST back in the swing of things... I can actually get up in time for my morning workout most mornings now. But I find myself worn out and ready to call it a day by 9:00 pm, which is odd when you consider that it would only be 8:00 pm if we were still on standard time. It must be due to that predawn rude awakening.

Adding to my literary lethargy may have been a bit of the lasting fuzz-brain effects of the migraine auras I had a couple weeks ago. My lack of concentration might have been exacerbated by that. It definitely makes things interesting for a few days when I get one of those auras and/or migraines.

I also had a birthday earlier this month. And it was one of those that gave me pause... but for only a brief moment. I'm not sure I could be considered a "woman of a certain age" yet, and I really don't have a problem with the age I just became. That being said, there are definitely days when I feel the years creeping on! I'm pretty sure anyone over the age of 30 or 35 can relate. Or maybe it's just me.

So we'll see if I can get back on track with at least one blog post a week. If I'm not too tired. Or have a ton of errands/chores/social obligations that take precedence. And if I can think of anything interesting to write a few paragraphs about. Or maybe something NOT so interesting. That in itself could be interesting.

And maybe not all the posts will ramble around like this one. See what I mean about lacking concentration?

No comments:

Post a Comment