Thursday, September 15, 2011

Alright now!

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see a bottle of Sweet Leaf Tea, I think of the classic 1971 Black Sabbath song of the same name. It makes me giggle a little bit because part of the tea company's logo is a cartoon of the grandmother of one of the founders. And then Mr. Remarkable Monkey and I will start doing the song: "Dah nah... nah nah naaah... nah nah! Dah nah... nah nah naaah... nah nah!" I gotta wonder if Grandma Mimi has ever heard the song.

   And then I wonder if the founders actually DID name their company with that song in mind. Seems plausible, considering the idea was born while one of the founders was living on a sailboat in the Florida Keys. Sounds like a sweet leaf kinda lifestyle to me... and one WOULD probably experience frequent cravings for a quenching beverage if partaking of THAT kind of sweet leaf often.


I checked out Sweet Leaf Tea's website, and it seems like a cool company. And their bottled tea isn't bad, although the southern girl in me prefers fresh brewed.

"Dah nah... nah nah naaah... nah nah!"
That song will be in your head all day now.
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment